George Dibbern: His Life and Quest
Adventurer ~ Sailor-Philosoper ~ Free Thinker ~ Self-declared Citizen of the World
DARK SUN: REVIEWS & ARTICLES
Dark Sun, at 544 pages, is a big book and probably a nightmare with respect to meeting a deadline. One reviewer produced his assessments of both Dark Sun and former President Bill Clinton’s autobiography in the same weekend issue of a newspaper! Inevitably and understandably, inaccuracies appear in reviews—as they do in articles based on the journalist having conducted a ~45 minute telephone interview, without ever having read the book.
I draw your attention to these realities in order to avoid confusion and to explain contradictions with the chronology. When in doubt, consider the chronology as the accurate source.
• The Weekend Herald CANVAS [New Zealand] Saturday – Sunday, 19-20 June 2004
• The Dominion Post [New Zealand]Wednesday, 23 June 2004
• Sunday Star Times [New Zealand]Sunday, 27 June 2004
• Manawatu Standard [New Zealand] Weekendextra Magazine, Saturday, 3 July 2004
• New Zealand Memories Issue #53 April/May 2005
• Nor’westing [USA] Vol. 40, Issue 11, October 26, 2005, p. 52
Boat Journal [Canada] November 10 – December 8, 2005, p.49